Why I’m Giving Up YES

For Lent I’m giving up a number of things starting with YES.

YES leads me down the path of being too busy and working too much. Too much YES disguises my fear and allows it to pretend it’s courage when it’s not really.

YES distracts me and next thing I know I’m working on 15 articles and 5 books at the same time with an embarrassing number of windows open. I can’t even tell you how many!

YES I’ve come to realize keeps me habituated in routine and sameness. No makes me change course. Yes has me repeating myself and behaving in the same way. Whether this is about what I eat or where I live, or what I offer.

YES sometimes feeds the cravings of my ego a bit too easily. 

YES has me falling in love because he was 1% kind and ignoring the other 99% because I don’t want my initial yes to the one per cent to be wrong.

YES has me bowing down to FOMO (fear of missing out) when my newest desire is to dedicate myself to JOMO (joy of missing out). 

So this lent one of the things I am giving up is saying too much YES and all its repercussions. I must learn to be more discerning. 

**What are you giving up?**

ABOUT THIS PHOTO: Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Campuhan Ridge Walk is a free, 2km easy trek along a beautiful block paved path. It’s the perfect place to enjoy the sunshine and take in the stunning scenery of the Balinese countryside. It’s “in town” but feels like a world away from scooters and traffic providing a relaxing break when you need it. There’s no need to dress in your hiking gear as this is just a simple stroll, that takes as long as you choose. There are points that are uphill and downhill but nothing too strenuous. 
.
Photo Me raising my lotus blossom to the Sunrise 🙂



.
.
.
.
.
.
#ubud #Bali #indo #campuhanridge #sunrise #meditation #wonderlust#wanderlust #traveladdict #yogaeverywhere #exploremore#followyourbliss #adventuremore

Disclaimer: With all my heart I realize it is a privilege to contemplate what to “give up” for Lent. I am grateful and recognize this completely.