When asked about the best beauty tip she’s picked up over the years, Jennifer Lopez told InStyle, “The number one tip is to always get enough sleep. I can’t stress this enough,” she told the magazine. “Beauty comes from within—you have to keep your mind, soul, body and spirit in sync.”
Jennifer Lopez is a walking advertisement for making sleep a priority. Taking a couples hours in the evening to slow down after a chaotic and do things which calm your mind is one of the most helpful sleep habits to adopt. Here is a Sleep Checklist to make your healthy bedtime rituals easy!
- Go to bed at same time every night Pick a bedtime.
- Use up your energy throughout the day
- Avoid stimulants like coffee
- Drink Chamomile tea
- Eliminate screen time one hour before bed
- Put your phone away two hours before bed
- Strech do yoga
- Take a salt or sound bath
- Journal gratitude
- Pick up a book to read
- Listen to calming music (check out my spotify for playlist)
- Turn down the lights in the evening
- Use Natural light leave curtains up
- Don’t use your phone as your alarm clock
- Cool down your room
- Use lavender spray on your pillow
For Printable version click here.