What if you simply devoted this year to loving yourself more? Decide right now to stop relying on anyone else for your happiness. Instead, look in the mirror for the one person who can change your life. Love yourself first. And remember your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.
Love is active. Loving oneself requires you break the habit of withholding love based on conditions you place upon yourself, which are often unrealistic in the first place. It ultimately means changing the inner monologue to one of “I love you” instead of critical self-talk.
Self-love is the result of self-acceptance. This means to stop judging yourself for how you feel or what you did but instead love yourself through the darker emotions. We should love ourselves the most when we feel the worst, not the other way around. Be nurturing towards yourself by imagining yourself as a small child. Love yourself as that child inside your adult body that is always there. It will change your life.
Love yourself, love your day, love your life!
19 Ways to Love Yourself More in 2019
- Give yourself permission to Say “No.” Use these affirmations. Say to yourself: “I matter. I am allowed to say no to others and yes to myself. My wants and needs are just as important as anybody else.
- Stand up for yourself.
- Take time-outs. Allow yourself to rest before you get tired.
- Be present.
- Make time for fun.
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Jettison negative people from your life.
- Be honest with yourself.
- Stop comparing yourself to others.
- Practice gratitude.
- Set up self-care appointments.
- Take great care of your body.
- Heal your digital dharma by reducing time online.
- Surround yourself with people who treat you with kindness and respect.
- Allow yourself to feel what you feel.
- Try something new, go somewhere you’ve never been before.
- Stop waiting to love and live the way you want to.
- Start every day by saying “I love myself.”